Website Builder Site Management
- Files within the website are managed by this website builder. When you move or rename files or directories within the Website Explorer, any links on the web pages referencing these files or directories will be updated automatically.
- You can drop external files to the website explorer of this website builder or directly to the active web page if they are gif, jpg or png files.
- You can drag binary files out of the website explorer.
- When you delete a file which is still referenced by any web pages, a warning will be given. This minimizes the chances of missing files when your site is published.
- You can easily back up and restore your websites.
Responsive Web Design
- Support creating website that works on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- There are two general breakpoints, tablet and mobile. When the width of the browser window is smaller than the width of your page, the tablet layout will be triggered and when the width of the browser window reaches the specified mobile breakpoint (default is 768 px), the mobile layout will be triggered. In tablet layout, the layout of the elements are generally the same as the desktop except the size of the elements are resized to fit in the new width. In mobile layout, a single column approach will be used. However, elements can be added to a mobile group so that their layout can be arranged together like placing them side by side when the width of the browser window can accomodate them and when wrapping occurs, they will be shown vertically in a single column. You can check out the sample websites to see how they work.
- Create CSS Styles using the CSS Style Editor of this website builder. You do not need to hand code style rules.
- A global style sheet is generated automatically by this website builder and linked to every HTML page of the website.
- Any changes to the names of style rules will be updated to the affected elements automatically.
- Advanced users can add custom CSS style rules to a style or even add custom CSS styles with selectors to the external style sheet.
HTML Source Editor
- Raw HTML code snippets can be added to a page to support advanced usage.
- Show auto suggestions for HTML tags and attributes and CSS attributes.
- File names and locations will be managed by this website builder if they are within the website and relative paths are used. For example, a snippet uses this code "<img src='images/some-image.png' />" to reference the image file "some-image.png" in the folder "images" within the website. Its name and location will be managed by the program. If later, the name of the file "some-image.png" is renamed to "this-image.png" in the Website Explorer, the name in the code snippet will be changed to "<img src='images/this-image.png' />" automatically. To check whether this type of support is available, just press CTRL-SPACE between two apostrophe such as this "src='<Press CTRL-SPACE here>'". A list of available files will be shown together with their relative path names. Selecting a file from this list will make sure that they can be managed by this website builder program.
- A template page can be created in this wysiwyg website builder and added to another web page so that all elements in the template page will be included in other web pages. Any changes made to the template page will be updated to other web pages that use it. This is good for common elements that are used by many pages in the website.
- Support dynamic contents and footer elements in the template page. By marking certain elements as contents elements, their height will be adjusted so that the bottom will be extended to just above the footer elements The footer elements will be moved automatically to the bottom of the other elements on the web page that uses this template page.
- Image Editor - Create and edit images such as web buttons, background images and text images. Have about 60 image filters to apply effects to the images. Support simple layers. Several images can be combined to a single image using one of the blending modes. Include 100 image mask for creating masked images. Fix common photo problems such as over-exposed, under-exposed and color cast images etc.
- Navigation Bar Editor - Include over 100 pre-designed navigation bars. You can customize them or create a new one. Support drop down menus. The same navigation bar style can be shared among different navigation bars. This makes your pages load faster because of smaller size and fewer images.
- Web Button Creator - Create a new web button by selecting shape, style and colors. Add text to button. Insert image to the beginning or the end of the text. Add drop shadow.
- Bullet Image Creator - Create bullet image for Image List using pre-selected sets of bullets. You can also use your own Dingbat fonts installed on your system to create the bullet image.
- Color Analyzer - Use this tool to explore color scheme to be used in your website. Create color palettes from an image. Use color wheel and color harmonies to suggest matching colors.
- External Http Link Checker - Check http links pointing to external websites to discover broken links.
- Several pre-designed one page template sites are included in this wysiwyg website builder to get you started quickly. You can use them as is or swap in your images to create a unique website from one of the templates.
- You can save your websites as templates so that they can be reused over and over again.
FTP / SFTP / FTPS Publisher